Sunday, August 24, 2008

TMZ (the show)

Ok, so let's start off by saying that it's not that I don't care what celebrity's do in the their spare time, it's that I REALLY don't care what they do, so I am kinda biased against these paparazzi shows in the first place.

I also would like to state that I am not a recluse type person who doesn't own a TV etc, in fact I LOVE TV and movies, I can't get enough of them...the work that actors and actresses do is awesome (well, some of them) and a HUGE part of my life, there have been times when it was almost a pathetic addiction (before TiVO) I frequently used the expression "I NEED to see that show" or "I can't believe I missed that other show"...I even watch BAD movies, on purpose (usually horror flicks)...as long as they are scripted and not crappy reality stuff. But when it comes to actors and actresses personal lives and the tabloids/ tabloid sites that talk about them I just don't care who is dating who etc.

I will give TMZ.com some credit, they do break some bigger stories for the people that are interested in that type of thing, and it is a more popular site then the sites we have for our magazines x 1000 I'm sure (maybe even "1 Miiiiiilllliiiioooooonnnn" as Dr Evil would say), and even my boss sends me a link to their site at least once a week (usually related to something I still don't care about or have the time for LOL, come to think of it, how does he?? Hmmmm)

So last night as my wife is flipping around the channels (hello summer snooze fest, c'mon football and the new fall season) she stops on TMZ the show. I could not actually believe that this is on TV. In the 20 minutes I watched I got to see Serena Williams walk through a parking garage to her car, Eva Longoria walk from a restaurant to her car (omigod her shirt is hanging funny, she must be pregnant), Resse Witherspoon walk from a store to her car, the brunette chick from Sex in the City walk from one store to another, Lindsay Lohan walk from her car to a store and Britney Spears and Harry Potter get criticised for not wanting to talk to the HUGE group of people surrounding their vehicles, as they walked to them. Really? REALLY? This is what people are interested in, THIS is enough to have a show about EVERYDAY? People actually are making a living waiting outside stores and parking garages for people that someone might recognize to WALK to their destination from their car or back. I'm not talking about so and so is having an affair or got a DUI (even though that is lame too), I'm talking about walking....to....their...car, from....waitaminnit...a store...omigod...get that on tape NOW! Rush it onto the TV, because it is SO important it cannot wait. Seriously, we all need to get a collective life and think about things that are a little bit more important.

I know I'm ranting again, but the only redeeming thing about the whole show was when they once again have to show non-celebs Heidi and Spencer (walking to their car of course) and the cameraman asks Spencer if he was in the Olympics what event would he do, he replies "swimming" and then says "I'd win more gold's than Phelps". It flashed back to the studio and the main guy (Harvey Levin?) says "WHAT A DOUCHEBAG!"

Yes, Harvey I couldn't agree more...but I don't think he's alone

C

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NEW POST - I'M SO EXCITED!! WEE!!!!

Okay - I have to give love to the TMZ website because the writing is HILARIOUS. I read it for the mockery more than I do the celebrity happenings. "Pop Wreck?" "Borefriend?" Officially changing Spencer Pratt's name to "DOUCHEBAG?" I just can't hate it.

I have, however, never seen the TV show and had NO idea how much walking celebrities do (AREN'T THEY JUST CARRIED EVERYWHERE BY "HANDLERS?") or how Utterly Fascinating this kind of walking was! I agree with you in that I think seeing all this celebrity crap in live action format would just be too much for me. I'll draw the line at the website.

Anonymous said...

Dude. This once-a-month posting thing you've got going on is killing me. What's the haps? You should put Callia to work on this thing! Have her write a post about her slacker daddy who's spending too much time on football and not enough time on his blog!!

xoxo